Vacancy No.: 01/2019
Department: Information & Communication Technology (ICTD)
Work unit: Software Unit
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Senior Analysts & Programmer
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Computer Programmer within the Information and Communication Technology Department (ICTD) The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computing Science and Information Systems from a recognized institution.
- Two or more years’ experience in computer programming and IT support
- To develop, maintain, test, and correct solutions on the bank’s computer programs or software applications.
- Provide technical support and conduct training for users on the Bank’s software applications
- Implement and provide correct and working solution on the approved changes or enhancements to existing databases and applications.
- Documentation of in-house developed application requirements and manuals
- Work with Senior Analyst and Programmer on software development processes on the approved applications
- Conduct user trainings for the bank’s staff on the required office and applications software.
- Work with the developer team on designing of new or enhanced financial and management reports as and when required by the bank.
- Troubleshooting bank’s software issues.
- Work with Senior Analyst & Programmer on designing and implementation of upgraded and approved changes to the bank’s website.
- Work with the Communication team in monitoring and updating of bank’s official website.
- Report findings or progresses on the assigned activities during IT Meetings
Application: To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (available on CBSI website and at the CBSI Head Office at Mud Alley Avenue)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
Closing Date: 11th March, 2019