Vacancy No.: 02/2019
Department: Finance & Accounts
Work unit: N/A
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Management Accountant
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Procurement Officer within the Finance & Accounts Department
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Finance or Accounting.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Commerce would be a bonus
- Two or more years’ experience in accounting.
- Ensure goods and services required by the Bank is acquired and available on timely basis.
- All requisitions to be completed and delivered within 24 hours
- Determine through review and verification that requisition form and supporting documents-proforma, have satisfied the procurement requirements.
- Return all requisitions that does not meet the requirements to the person responsible immediately
- Perform due diligence on suppliers before processing.
- Check on budget provision with management accountant before processing procurements
- Process accurately procurement through the Technology One system
- Obtain appropriate authorized signatures (Panel A or B) for the service orders
- Register all service orders/ cheques in the register book before giving it out.
- Verify that correct goods are supplied with responsible officers
- Perform reconciliation on invoices and service order details before putting through for payment.
- Report discrepancies from reconciliations to Management Accountant and action as per advise received
- Communicate appropriately with suppliers
- Produce required weekly and monthly reports on status of commitments and payments and discrepancies
- Assist with month end closing
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (available on CBSI website and at the CBSI Head Office at Mud Alley Avenue)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
Closing Date: 11th March, 2019
visit our recruitment page for other vacancies.