Senior Analyst DNFBPs/Cash Dealers & NPOs
Vacancy No.: 07/2019
Division: Intelligence Management Division
Work unit: SIFIU
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Manager AML/CTF IMD
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Senior Analyst DNFBPs/Cash Dealers & NPOs within the Intelligence Management Division of the Solomon Island Intelligence Unit (SIFIU)
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Degree in Banking/Finance, Accounting, Business or related fields;
- Three plus years’ relevant work experience preferably in the finance/banking/superannuation of life insurance/ security/general insurance industry;
- Working knowledge of the banking, finance and savings and loans, superannuation or life insurance industries with knowledge of the relevant Acts and prudential standards and other related legislation, demonstrated management, communication, leadership, experience and skills.
Key Activities includes:
- implement and manage SIFIU’s intelligence and database management system and analysis;
- manage the intelligence information and reporting systems and provide reports on the overall condition of the financial intelligence system;
- manage the reporting and information exchange framework to ensure continuous flow of financial information between financial institutions, law enforcement authorities and the SIFIU;
- develop, implement and manage the SIFIU’s financial intelligence management database systems effectively and efficiently;
- manage cross-border currency reporting framework and work closely with relevant authorities in Solomon Islands and abroad as required under the MLPCAA 2010;
- examine, monitor and report on serious crimes, money laundering and financing of terrorism in order to enhance Solomon Islands financial system integrity and stability;
- monitor and structure intelligence information and reporting systems and report on the overall condition of the financial intelligence systems;
- manage case management and intelligence dissemination system for relevant domestic and overseas law enforcement and prosecution authorities;
- assist in the detection and deterrence of money laundering, financing of terrorism and other serious criminal activities;
- manage the SIFIU database, graphs and other tools used to perform key activities;
- manage the collation of SIFIU intelligence database and information and report system;
- help financial and regulatory institutions apply professional practices, procedures and standards to meet their responsibilities under the MLPCAA 2010 and other anti-money laundering and terrorism financing laws;
- help prepare and disseminate contingency plans that effectively and efficiently respond to possible crisis in the financial intelligence system;
- identify and evaluate existing and potential issues arising from the financial intelligence system and disseminate these in the a timely manner;
- help specialist investigations of law enforcement authorities by supporting and providing appropriate financial intelligence and information;
- provide for the protection of customer information and other intelligence matters;
- contribute to developing policy guidelines, regulations, procedures, that guideline to effectively facilitate the implementation and enforcement of anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism framework in Solomon Islands.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer.
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26th August, 2017
visit our recruitment page for other vacancies.