OUR VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
“Leading the development of a modern, stable and prosperous Solomon Islands”
Our mission is defined by Section 8 of the Central Bank Act 2012 in the following priorities:
Maintain Price Stability
Our Primary Objective is to maintain price stability, i.e. to sustain the value of the Solomon Dollar by evading high inflation and deflation. Price stability is essential for sustainable economic growth and it represents one of the key outcomes that monetary policy aims to achieve.
Stable Financial System
An additional objective of the Central Bank, which shall be subordinated to the primary objective, shall be to foster and to maintain a stable financial system. i.e. ability to deliver critical financial services, even under adverse circumstances, to corporate consumers and domestic households.
Support General Economic policies of the Government
Without prejudice to attainment of these two objectives, the Central Bank shall support the general economic policies of the Government. Economic activity is influenced by both monetary and fiscal policies and must work in tandem, hence stressing the need for consultation on, supporting and synchronization of policy objectives, targets and instruments to avoid conflicts.
We are committed to uphold the following values:
- Quality – To produce quality research, policy, analysis, advice and provide quality services
- Integrity– To discharge duties with utmost integrity honesty and earn trust
- Excellence – To deliver excellence through professionalism and innovation
- Accountability – To exercise responsibility in governance and management
- Inclusiveness – To embrace respect and teamwork for achieving greater results