Banking & Reconciliation Officer
Vacancy No.: 02/2023
Department: Currency Banking and Payments (CBPD)
Work unit: Banking Unit
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Supervisor Banking Unit
Base Salary Range: SBD$111,554.27 – SBD$130,955.02
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Banking & Reconciliation Officer within the Banking Unit at the Currency Banking and Payments Department (CBPD).
- Minimum Degree in Accounting/Commerce or Banking & Finance
- Two to three years in a senior clerical position in Finance, Banking or Accounting
- Some Experience of Accounts Reconciliations in Banking & Finance.
- Accounts Supervisory roles is value added and essential.
- Posting of all CBPD Vouchers to General Ledger in the Sun System.
- Reconcile OBL cheques held Account # 10135.
- Reconcile Other Banks Local Account # 10136.
- Count, verify and sort government revenue deposits and ensure that actual cash and cheque deposits confirm with Cash Requisition Forms (CRFs) now called the SIG Revenue Deposit form.
- Preparing SIG deposit summary and raise both debit and credit vouchers.
- Provide SIG account balances and statements to Ministry of Finance and Treasury (MOFT) officers when requested.
- Assist in preparing SIG payment advices and liaise between commercial bank and MoFT if there are any differences in the advices.
- Assist with weekly stock stake. Assist in providing weekly call account balances to FSRD Dept.
- Assist provide SIG and Banking Data to Money and Banking Sector of Economics Research and Statistics Department.
- Any other duties as may required from time to time by immediate supervisor, Manager and Chief Manager CBPD dept.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a former/current employer and/or your lecturer.
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10th February 2023