Vacancy No.: 03/2019
Department: Finance & Accounting
Work unit: N/A
Work type: Full time
Reports to: General Ledger Accountant
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Reconciliation Officer within the Finance & Accounts Department
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Finance or Accounting.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Commerce would be a bonus Computing
- Two or more years’ experience in accounting
- Ensure general ledger balances of assets and liabilities of accounts under Finance & Accounts Department’s and other departments are kept accurate on a monthly basis.
- Complete Finance and Accounts Department reconciliation tasks in good time for review and approval
- Work together with other departments reconciliations officers to complete tasks in good time for review and approval.
- Follow up on variances and outstanding issues with responsible officers to be completed for review and approval in good time.
- Action postings required with General ledger Accountant to address variances and outstanding issues
- Work with Personal loans officer with regards to any details on staff loans: Management Car loan, Personal Loan Housing Loans and related Insurances
- Work with Payroll officer with regards to any payroll reconciliation details.
- Work with Payment Officer with regards to any loan receipts and payments.
- Work with property section on property reconciliation details
- Follow up on all reconciliations from departments: Finance and Accounts Departments, Currency Banking Payments Department and Foreign Reserve and Currency Exchange Department are forwarded to General ledger Accountant for review and CM FAD for approval.
- Report to General ledger Accountant on the status of reconciliation and general ledger accounts.
- Discuss with General ledger Accountant any issues with reconciliation.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the reconciliation team to foster learning and productivity.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above or collect form at the CBSI Head Office at Mud Alley Avenue)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11th March, 2019 Time: 4:30pm