Analyst Financial Institutions
Vacancy No.: 10/2019
Division: Intelligence Management Division
Work unit: SIFIU
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Senior Analyst and Manager AML/CTF IMD
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Analyst Financial Institutions within the Intelligence Management Division of the Solomon Islands Intelligence Unit (SIFIU)
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Degree in Banking / Finance, Accounting, Business, or related fields;
- Some experience preferably in the finance / banking / superannuation or life insurance /securities /general insurance industry would be valuable;
- a working knowledge of the banking, finance and savings and loans, superannuation or life insurance industries, securities and general insurance and detailed knowledge of at least one of the relevant Acts and prudential standards and a working knowledge of other related legislation, demonstrated management, communication, leadership, experience and skills.
Primary Functional Responsibilities
Key Activities includes;
- manage SIFIU’s intelligence and database management systems and analysis;
- manage the reporting and information exchange framework to ensure continuous flow of financial information between financial institutions, law enforcement authorities and the SIFIU;
- manage the SIFIU’s financial intelligence management database systems effectively and efficiently;
- manage cross-border currency reporting framework and work closely with relevant authorities in Solomon Islands and abroad as required under the MLPCAA 2010;
- examine, monitor and report on serious crimes, money laundering and the financing of terrorism in order to enhance Solomon Islands financial system integrity and stability;
- manage case management and intelligence dissemination system for relevant domestic and overseas law enforcement and prosecution authorities;
- assist in the detection and deterrence of money laundering, financing of terrorism and other serious criminal activities;
- manage the SIFIU databases, graphs and other tools used to perform key activities;
- help financial and regulatory institutions apply professional practices, procedures and standards to meet their responsibilities under the MLPCAA 2010, and other anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws;
- help prepare and disseminate contingency plans that effectively and efficiently respond to possible crisis in the financial intelligence system;
- identify and evaluate existing and potential issues arising from the financial intelligence system and disseminate these in a timely manner;
- help specialist investigations of law enforcement authorities by supporting and providing appropriate financial intelligence and information;
- provide for the protection of customer information and other intelligence matters;.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer.
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26th August, 2019
visit our recruitment page for other vacancies.