Analyst Policy Development and Coordination
Vacancy No.: 08/2019
Work unit: SIFIU
Work type: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Analyst & Manager AML/CTF PDCSCD
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Analyst Policy Development and Coordination within the Policy Development and Coordination, Supervision and Compliance Division (PDCSCD) of the Solomon Island Intelligence Unit (SIFIU)
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Degree in Banking / Finance, Accounting, Business, or related fields;
- At least some work experience preferably in the finance / banking / superannuation or life insurance industry/securities and general insurance industry;
- Some knowledge of the banking, finance and savings and loans, superannuation or life insurance industries, securities and general insurance and detailed knowledge of at least one of the relevant Acts and prudential standards and a working knowledge of other related legislation, demonstrated management, communication, leadership, experience and skills.
Primary Functional Responsibilities
Key Activities includes;
- develop regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines to effectively facilitate the implementation and enforcement of AML and combating the financing of terrorism framework in Solomon Islands under the MLPCAA 2010;
- monitor international developments in the AML standards, evaluate its national relevance and potential application, and plan how this can be adopted by the SIFIU;
- assist to supervise financial institutions’ compliance with the AML/CTF Act through planned and ad-hoc onsite and offsite examinations;
- identify specific problems or issues affecting financial institutions relating to their compliance with the AML/CTF Act and recommend corrective actions;
- assist and work closely with relevant financial sector supervisory, regulatory (including self-regulatory bodies) and licensing authorities in Solomon Islands in developing sector-specific AML policies that supports an environment to deter serious crimes, money laundering and the financing of terrorism and enhance Solomon Islands’ financial system integrity and stability;
- recommend for timely and effective advice to internal and external stakeholders on AML requirements and issues;
- provide ongoing secretariat support for the AML Commission;
- help financial and regulatory institutions apply professional practices, procedures and standards to meet their responsibilities under the MLPCAA 2010, and other AML laws;
- help develop agreements and arrangements foreign FIU, law enforcement, governments, and supervisory authorities regarding exchanges of information as required under the AML/CTF Act;
- maintain up-to-date policy, compliance, coordination, and training registers;
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer.
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26th August, 2019
visit our recruitment page for other vacancies.