Banking and Exchange Officer
Vacancy No.: 11/2019
Department: Currency Banking and Payments Department(CBPD)
Work unit: Banking Unit
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Supervisor (CBPD)
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Banking and Exchange Officer within the Currency Banking and Payments Department (CBPD).
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Minimum of a Degree in Accounting and Banking.
Two or more years’ experience in accounting
- Produce daily outward listing of cheques for the exchange at the clearing house.
- Produce a summary of daily exchanges for settlement after the clearing
- Prepare accounting entries for clearing house transactions
- Monitor clearing house attendance and report to supervisor for possible improvement and ensure activities of the clearing house are in accordance to the RABB document.
- Maintain a summary of daily clearing data by commercial banks for weekly reporting
- Count, verify and sort government revenue deposits and ensure that actual cash and cheque deposits confirm with Revenue Deposit Forms (RDFs);
- Input SIG Revenue deposit cash data into working store database
- Process SIG payments and send via email to responsible Commercial bank officers
- Assist in receipting of cheque payment received from SIG for direct deposit to SIG accounts e.g. Performance Bond/Proceeds from seized logs etc.
- Assist with weekly and monthly stocktakes
- Assist in over the counter enquiries;
Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the immediate supervisor, Assistant Manager and Manager CBO dept
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer.
The Secretary (Acting)
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
Attention: Vacancy No.11-2019
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
Closing Date: 26th August, 2019
visit our recruitment page for other vacancies.