Compliance and Monitoring Officer
Vacancy No.: 06/2020
Department: Financial Market & Exchange Control Department (FMECD)
Work unit: Exchange Control Unit
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Senior Analyst Exchange Control (Supervisor)
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Compliance & Monitoring Officer within the Financial Market & Exchange Control Department (FMECD)
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
A Bachelor Degree in international Business relations, Economics, Commerce, Banking & Finance, Management and Business Administration from a recognized institution.
At least two or more years’ clerical and/or senior level experience in a Public sector office (Government) financial institution or in any relevant authorities. (Seniority experience would be an advantage)
- Monitor compliance and investigate non-compliance on all import payment applications and other payments
- Monitor compliance and investigate non-compliance on all export requirements both Specific Authority and General Authority to export
- Monitor compliance of all Authorized Dealers both money transfer operators and money changers.
- Monitor compliance and investigate non-compliance of Foreign Currencies Accounts (FCA), private offshore debts and capital transfers.
- Continuously liaising and conduct up to date meetings with Key stakeholders relating to EC Compliance and information sharing.
- Update the Foreign Investors register
- Record and Update all FCA, Private external Debt and Capital Transfers and major current transfers register
- Accurate and timely presentation of inflow and outflow report on weekly basis
- Accurate and timely submission of monthly activity reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Senior Analyst Exchange Control and department management.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer.
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Closing Date: 31st January 2020