Vacancy No.: 07/2020
Department: (Risk Management & Corporate Communications Department )
Work unit: Legal Unit
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Legal Advisor/Secretary to Board
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Manager Legal within the Risk Management & Corporate Communications Department
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- A Law Degree (LLB) and a valid Practicing Certificate
At least five years’ experience working in a corporate law practice and/or In house legal counsel is an advantage.
Assist in protecting the Bank’s legal interest and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. Identifies and analyses legal issues, drafts key policies, presents clear recommendations to management, and assures legal compliance. Manages the operations of the legal unit.
- Develop, Draft and Review all Internal Bank Policies, Guidelines and Procedures including conducting trainings and awareness for the staff and management.
- Promoting internal legal compliance and risk management best practice throughout the organization.
- Assist with the review and drafting of Legislation and Regulation relating to central banking operations.
- Represent the Bank in legal proceedings.
- Manage the Legal Unit and its resources.
Undertake other specific unit management tasks delegated by the department head.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer.
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th February 2020