Senior Analyst Policy Development and Coordination
Vacancy No.: 05/2019
Work unit: SIFIU
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Manager, AML/CTF PDCSCD
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Senior Analyst Policy Development and Coordination within the Policy Development and Coordination Supervision and Compliance Division (PDCSCD) of the Solomon Islands Financial Intelligence Unit (SIFIU)
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
Degree in Banking/Finance, Accounting, Business, Commercial Law or related fields;
- Three plus years’ relevant work experience preferably in the finance / banking / superannuation or life insurance, securities, general insurance industry or legal and policy development;
- A working knowledge of the banking and financial system, securities industry, insurance and other relevant industry management with high level AML/CFT controls and regulation. Also has the understanding of International AML/CFT Standards, FATF Standard requirements, and has hand on experiences on promoting legal and compliance enforcement knowledge of at least one of the relevant Acts and prudential standards and other related legislation, demonstrated management, communication, leadership, experience and skills with high moral values.
Primary Functional Responsibilities
Key Activities includes:
- ensure the development and enforcement of AML programmes, and CFT framework in the Solomon islands;
- create and support an environment that deters serious crimes, tax evasion, corruption, fraud, money laundering and financing of terrorism in order to enhance Solomon Islands’ financial system integrity and stability;
- formulate and implementation of national policies on AML/CFT;
- develop and implement financial intelligence management and AML systems;
- monitor and structure of financial intelligence management and AML systems.
- ensure timely and effective provision of advice on laws and regulation related to the financial intelligence and AML systems and its operation;
- liaise appropriately and effectively with national and international supervisory and regulatory agencies in the global fight against money laundering, financing of terrorism and other related crimes;
- provide sound advice to the Director SIFIU and the CBSI Governor on policy development and other relevant coordination in the Solomon Islands and abroad;
- establish and maintain an effective networking with all national and international stakeholders and partner agencies;
- implement border currency reporting framework as provided under the MLPCAA 2010;
- identify existing and potential issues arising from the financial intelligence system and develop strategies and implement controls on these in a timely manner;
- provide and lead appropriate specialist investigation strategies and services in particular circumstances where the provisions of such services is warranted and is appropriate to the SIFIU’s role;
- support investigations by law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer/or lecturer
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
Closing Date: 26th August, 2017
visit our recruitment page for other vacancies.