PUBLIC NOTICE: COVID-19 36-Hour LOCKDOWN & CBSI Operations
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands (CBSI) wish to advice all its’ clients, customers, stakeholders and partners on the following operational information. This is in relation to the lockdown scheduled for Sunday 29th August (6pm) to Tuesday 31st August (6am), and for all operations proceeding as of Wednesday 1st September, 2021:
- CBSI will operate at limited capacity on Monday 30th August 2021 from 8am – 12noon. This is during the LOCKDOWN period. Any commercial bank operations (essential services) with the Central Bank will continue ONLY within this limited capacity, and under strict compliance to the lockdown protocols and regulations.
- As of Wednesday 1st September, 2021, the following CBSI COVID-19 Mitigation protocols will be enforced at the Bank:
- All CBSI staff members/employees who have yet to take their ‘first dose” of the COVID-19 vaccinations will be refused entry into the CBSI headquarter premises (Mud Alley street), including the secondary office space at the top floor, Centre Point Building, Point Cruz.
- All clients, customers, visitors and including CBSI staff shall go through a mandatory body temperature screening outside of the CBSI headquarter building before entering the main door. Anyone who fails the temperature screening tests shall be denied entry/access into the building.
- All clients, customers, visitors to the Central Bank, including CBSI staff must provide their vaccination cards to the securities before entering the CBSI headquarter premises. This is a one-time clearance and any visits after this will be conducted as normal. Failure to provide evidence of vaccination will result in non-entry into any CBSI office or working premises.
- All clients, customers and visitors to the Central Bank must adhere to the social distancing protocols when entering bank premises. This includes proper sanitization of hands, wearing of face-masks where appropriate and social distancing where required.
- All bilateral face-to-face meetings with domestic stakeholders must emphasize use of virtual platforms as much as possible. (i.e. through Zoom, WebEx and other social communication technology). Meetings requiring direct interaction will have to be cleared in advance, with the CBSI Management and Securities.
- CBSI will accept applications submitted by customers through electronic means for processing.
CBSI will continue to observe the above critical measures based on the advice from responsible authorities to safe guard its employees/officers including the working environment.
For more information, please contact: Central Bank of Solomon Islands | P.O. BOX 634 | Honiara | Ph.: (677) 21791 | Email: email@example.com | Website: www.cbsi.com.sb