Assistant Internal Auditor
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position of Assistant Internal Auditor within the Internal Auditors Unit, Governor’s Department.
Vacancy No.: 02/2021
Department: Governor’s Office (GOV)
Work unit: Internal Auditors Unit
Work type: Full time
Reports to: Manager, Internal Audit
The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Accounting, (or Accounting & IT/IS combined), Commerce, Finance, with a minimum of two years accounting and or audit experience or,
- A Diploma qualification in the above fields with a minimum of three years audit experience.
- A minimum of two years accounting and or audit experience or,
- Work experience in the Internal Audit field, would be an advantage.
- Develop the engagement plan as per Annual Risk Based Internal Audit Plan.
- Prepare an engagement work programme
- Audit draft report produced to communicate the results of the IA engagement at the end of each engagement.
- Ensure that the general audit observation (on risk, control, governance, compliance effectiveness and efficiency, including audit recommendation(s) are attested, corroborated and agreed to by the responsible department/section management and staff.
- Assist to ensure that scheduled quarterly Board Audit Committee Meetings are effectively and efficiently held.
- Assure the BAC and the Oversight Board that, the Management is committed in resolving all outstanding audit issues and ensure they are independently and appropriately evaluated for possible closure. Frequently make follow-up review on High Risk areas with responsible management.
- Ensure that the daily, weekly and monthly soiled notes currency transfer, processing and destruction, are physically verified, sighted and attended.
- Ensure that risk register and audit universe is updated at end of each engagement, or as and when necessary.
- Establish, Maintain and Promote high standard of Internal Audit Activity (IAA) within the Central Bank of Solomon Islands (Bank/CBSI).
- Assist and collaborate with the Finance & Accounts Department, External Auditors, Office of the Auditor General, and other stakeholders to ensure the good achievement of clean, well-coordinated and timely end of financial year External Audit (EA) of the Bank’s Financial Statements and Disclosures
- To effectively encompass what may be required to be performed to help achieve the goals and objectives of the Central Bank of Solomon Islands through the Internal Audit Function.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time by Manager, Internal Audit.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above) or contact email@example.com to obtain a copy
- A Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
Attention: Vacancy No.2/2021
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail. Alternatively applications can be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
Closing Date: 1st Ocotober, 2021