The Solomon Islands Financial Intelligence Department , primary role is mandated under Section 11H of the Money Laundering and Proceeds of Crime Amendment Act 2010 (MLPCAA 2010), promotes
“Solomon Islands is protected from Money Laundering and Terrorism”
1. Formulate and implement strategies to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and other serious crimes to ensure the safety and integrity of Solomon Islands financial system.
2. Ensure compliance with global standards on anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism
3. Assist in the detection, investigation and prosecution of money laundering and terrorist financing offences.
4. Provide timely and quality information and advice to our stakeholders.
5. Develop and utilize skilled staff.