Chief Manager Human Resource Corporate Services
Vacancy No.: 01/2017
Department: Human Resource and Corporate Services
Work unit: N/A
Work type: Full time
Reports to: N/A
The Central Bank of Solomon Islands (CBSI) invites applications from qualified individuals to fill the position of a Chief Manager, Human Resource and Corporate Services Department presently vacant in the Bank.
This is a senior position in the CBSI’s organizational structure and the potential candidate must have essential minimum experience and qualification below.
- Post graduate qualification preferably a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Law, or related fields.
- An extensive knowledge of and experience within an HR environment.A demonstrated track record in developing and implementing strategic business and HR objectives within a complex, multi-business organization similar to the Central Bank.
- Superior interpersonal, coaching and counselling, communication, negotiation and consultative skills at all levels.
- Ability to engage with and win the respect of leaders to successfully influence them on key change initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to health, safety, security and environmental policies and procedures, including development and training of staff in these areas.
- The potential candidate must have essential minimum experience of 5 years or more in areas of corporate governance, human resources management; management of meetings and conferences, and management of corporate assets.
- Human resources policy – develop, implement and maintain human resource policies across the organization, including training programs to educate and promote awareness of regulatory compliance, and compliance with CBSI staff Instructions and Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Performance management – ensure departments deliver timely performance assessments of employees, including managers and contracted managers.
- Recruitment and selection – direct and manage the recruitment and selection process, and train line managers in interviewing and assessment procedures.
- Training and development – implement and monitor effectiveness of training programs, including the implementation of CBSI training policies.
- Reporting and management of human resources activities – produce reports on key statistics, including remuneration and benefits, absenteeism and turnover.
- Organize regular meetings of Board Committees, specifically the Remuneration Committee.
- Management of CBSI fixed assets, ensuring proper maintenance, insurance cover, promotion of operational safety and health in Bank premises and work environment.
- Hold regular meetings with the CBSI Staff Association to share information of Bank policies and directions.
- Leadership – lead, direct, and supervise staff to ensure the department’s set goals and targets are achieved.
- Mentoring – provide coaching and counselling to staff to help officers reach their potential.
- Bank security – supervise security personnel responsible for the overall safety and security of Bank staff, premises and equipment.
To be considered, all applications submitted must include:
- An Introductory cover letter
- Completed recruitment application form (download available above)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be a current or recent employer.
The Executive Secretary
Central Bank of Solomon Islands
P O Box 634
(HRCSD Vacancy 01/2017)
All applications must be sealed and shall be hand delivered or alternatively posted by mail with the above address or else applications may also be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20th February, 2017